Thursday, June 14, 2007

Toys-For-Troops.com

My friend Lori has started something wonderful. Toys-For-Troops.com.

Here, from an email that she sent me, is what it's all about:
Hi all,

As you know, my son Brian is serving in Iraq right now. I've inadvertently spear-headed a wonderful project sending beanie babies to him and his comrades. With the help of many others, hundreds of toys have been sent over, and distributed to the children in the villages hey work for. The soldiers love it, the kids love it, and more importantly, Brian informed me 2 days ago, the interpreter in his company said they're doing wonders for relations between the U.S. soldiers and the communities they're working in. After all, make a kid happy, make his parents happy, right?

The project has grown and grown, to the extent that I've decided to step it up a bit. I've created a website. It's still under construction, but I want to hurry up and get it out there.

Please, if you do nothing else, send this link to everyone you've ever heard of, and ask them to forward it. As it says on my blog, I'll make ya some spaghetti if you do!

http://www.toys-for-troops.com/

My love and thanks to you all.

Lori

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Thanks for the spot! You want garlic bread with yours?

Big, big hugs!

Leesa said...

I'll definitely share :)