Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's not Mulberry Street, but it can be just as interesting.

Tonight I met a young couple who had just tied the knot one hour earlier. The next morning would find them on a flight to Honolulu.

An hour before I clocked out, I met an old cowboy from East Tennessee who was driving home from his sister's funeral. She was 81 and he was 74. "Retirement's overrated," he told me later in conversation. "That's when you can really count on your friends dying."

A big convention filled our hallways with the Sisters of Mercy and another convention filled our parking lot with classic hot rods. "Stairway to Heaven" or "Highway to Hell"? We've got both at the old workplace.

I hope you all sleep well tonight. You're good people.

3 comments:

Newscoma said...

Man, I used to love "My Corrosion" by Sisters of Mercy.

GingerSnaps said...

What a great post!

I'm sure you come across some of the most interesting stories in your job.

chez bez said...

'Coma: I hadn't thought of them in years. I used to kill my speakers with Vision Thing.

Ginger: Thanks. Some nights just must be talked about. That was a special one.