Tuesday, April 01, 2008

$400/month rent divided by 3 roommates = Nice


This is where I lived when my wife and I started dating. Nestled snugly between Murphy Road with its pubs and hip produce markets and Charlotte Avenue with some of Nashville's rougher individuals, it always made for an interesting walk around my neighborhood. Aside from the occasional person asking me if I could spare some money, I never really felt unsafe there.

Of course, I imagine Paige had her own opinions about her safety when she'd hang out there at night while I was still at work. I mean, there had to be a reason that all of the windows and doors had bars on them. It occurs to me now to wonder if she asked me to move in with her just because she never wanted to sleep alone there again.
"Bars on the windows
Bars on the doors
Hell, we even had bars on the floors."
- Dash Rip Rock
I'm really loving Google Street View Nashville. I wonder what other old haunts I'll think to look for.

No comments: