Saturday, April 26, 2008

A marriage doomed.

I've got the iPod playing from a playlist of songs with no names, at least no names that were identified by the computer. It's nice. Most of them are jazz songs that are from my dad's CDs and they are a joy to relax to. I don't know who I'm listening to though because it's all "Track 01," "Track 03," "Track 06," etc.

Anyway, I know the song that just came on. It's Mendelssohn's "Wedding March." I feel the urge to stand up and wait for a girl in a white dress to walk by. It took me a bit to remember why this song was on my iPod. It's not from one of my dad's CDs. It's from a project that my teacher wife did. The kindergarten class at her school recently learned that the letters Q and U loved each other very much and wanted to spend the rest of their lives together and so they got married. They had a ceremony and I'm told that it was all very cute.

Of course, I had to be me and tell my wife that I'd seen the letter U running around with lots of different letters (some in this very sentence!). I told this to my Scrabble-playing dad and he reminded me of Q's dalliances in words such as "qaid" and "qintar."

I give them a year at best.

No comments: