Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ben and Rufus sing "Careless Whisper"

When listening to the Coverville podcast last week, an episode devoted to George Michael covers, I got goosebumps while hearing Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright sing "Careless Whisper" together. The whole podcast is really good. School of Fish sings "Father Figure" and a group I'd never heard called Room Eleven puts a slow and sultry, jazzy spin on "Faith." But the one that keeps getting me is Rufus and Ben performing "Careless Whisper" live in front of a crowd of fans who sound as if they might be feeling the same goosebumps I feel every time I replay it.

There are a couple of versions on YouTube but I recommend you play the Coverville podcast (show #478, approx. 8 minutes in) to hear it in the best audio quality.

No comments: