Monday, June 23, 2008

"Take my hand / We'll make it I swear."

I just emailed a friend about our recent tight spot and smiled (a bit forced) to think of how Paige and I seem to be living a bit in the songs of our favorite singers. She, always crazy for Jon Bon Jovi, has "Livin' On A Prayer" and the Springsteen fan in me relates to a line which recurs in both "Atlantic City" and "Johnny 99." Like the struggling heroes in those songs, I've feel like I've "got debts no honest man can pay."

Hopefully, things will work out fine soon enough. I don't mind selling my car and walking to and from work, maybe even getting a part time job close to where I live, but we need to get the van's transmission fixed. There's no way around that. The beautiful wife and kids need to get to school.

I swallowed my pride a bit and even be a little tip jar in the sidebar of our blogs.

I have faith that we'll be fine. It's just a tough spot we're going through right now. Thanks for reading and putting up with what I'm writing. I hope to get back to other things as quickly as possible.

Two pics of the writer. One to show me in my current state and one to make you smile. Or smirk.



I wonder if I'd make it as a model. I think I look pretty good in a hat. ;)

9 comments:

Bar L. said...

Blogger went down when I tried to comment so this is a test

Bar L. said...

Ok it worked.....my last comment was suppose to say:


Great pic of you in the hat, I challenge your readers to come up with a good caption for that. The look on your face says something, I just can't figure out what!

I also challenge all of us to get your family back on the road by donating to the fund.

Life - we're all in it together. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to be part of yours.

From another fan of New Jersey Rockers,
Barbara :)
Barbara

Anonymous said...

You have to whore yourself out better than that! More square inches of flesh showing = more $.

Not that I would know from personal experience or anything...

The Old Man and His Dog said...

Sent you what I could. I've been there and had some folks help bail me out more than once. I'm in a slightly better place now and can "play it forward" a little. I know it's a little, but hope it helps. Best wishes.

peach said...

Hey Michael,

I gave you and Paige what I could. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more. I get paid on the 15th of next month. Depending on the size of that check, I may be able to give you some more. I hope with everyone else's funds, it will be enough to fix the van without you having to sell your car.

Anonymous said...

I sent you some $$ this morning. I hope it helps you guys!!

chez bez said...

You guys are really awesome. I feel your generosity and kindness and remind myself to always be as generous and as kind as I can.

Big thanks all around!

Melissa said...

i love this hat photo.

Heidi said...

considering it costs around 20 bucks to buy a book, and I get a whole lot more in photos and writing from you, you're worth it! you deserve to get paid...focus your pride on that.