Thursday, June 05, 2008

Missing my old Village.

It's nights like this that I really miss living within walking distance of Hillsboro Village. I'm home alone (my family is vacationing in Florida), I've got a rare night off from work, and I'm bored. I'd rather not drive anywhere and keep my gas tank at its present level. It's the perfect evening for a walk down to Bosco's, Fido, or Provence. Heck, it's not even too late to stop in at Brown's for a cheap beer and burger.

Hermitage is prettier than some give it credit for. The dam is awesome. The boats on the water are always beautiful to see. And the Greenway makes for the perfect escape when I need to de-stress a bit. But I'm in the mood for a short walk to a well-populated hint of a nightlife. In fact, it's The Villager bar that I'd most like to belly up to tonight. I remember many a night after work, I'd drive home, walk to The Villager, and not worry at all about getting home safely after enjoying a few beers with the rest of the barflies.

Here in Hermitage, I don't know where to hang out for that. I guess Shooters is the closest to me, but I'm not going there. Too much karaoke and too many memories of my cheating ex. [Expletive] that.

I've finished my pizza and am still contemplating a quick drive to the Food Lion for a six-pack of Sam Adams. Have a nice night and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

holly wynne said...

I only lived in Hermitage a few months. I did love the dam, but I wish I'd have experienced more of the area's charms. I think I was just wishing the whole time that I could be living near Hillsboro Village :).

P.S. I like the list. I guess mine is too long for a sidebar...

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day off was boring. Hermitage is nice, but I'm not always used to such suburbia. I miss my little city village at home.

The Old Man and His Dog said...

When my fiance and I were there the first week in June we actually went to a realtor and looked at houses in Hermitage. We loved it there and are in the process of trying to sell our house hoping to relocate there. Any info, good or bad you could share with us? We both are in the Payroll industry. What's the job situation like there?

Thanks
Rich