Friday, September 01, 2006

Gore Gore Girls Are Coming To The Basement

Saturday night will find me at The Basement listening to some refreshingly simple, in your face rock n' roll. Gore Gore Girls are Amy Gore (guitar, lead vocals), Marlene Hammerle (guitar, vocals), and Mayuko on drums. They hail from Detroit and draw comparisons to The Kinks, The Stooges and The Marvelettes. If you are familiar with the garage band sounds of the 60s then you have heard all of this before...but you haven't heard it in a while.

If you want to experience the angry and sexy Detroit sounds of a beautiful Motown/garage-rock hybrid, then come down to The Basement Saturday night. With rock n' roll on stage and Yazoo on tap, it looks to be all a rockin' Nashvillian could possibly need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new site skin!

Some friends of mine were talking about the Gore Gore Girls last night, nothing but good things to say about them too...

And I think The Clutters are opening? They're a pretty cool local band!

chez bez said...

Muffy,
Should I look for you at the show?

Anonymous said...

I wish :( I'll actually be in Atlanta!!!