Thursday, September 14, 2006

Who Keeps You Strong?

When I feel pushed to the edge by those who are rude to me simply for the sake of being rude...

And when I cannot respond as I feel a true man should, because it would mean my job...and my health insurance for my family...

I hear the gruff and insightful advice of Kris Kristofferson, whispering in my ear, just as he did for Sinead O'Conner when she was booed by the audience at a benefit. "Don't let the bastards get you down," he says.

It's good to have that Highwayman around. Even if it's just for pretend.

2 comments:

Titusina Andronica said...

Funny, my grandma always says something similar. But she always says, "Don't let those cocksuckers get you down." It always makes me feel better.

The most manly man I know was the shop manager at this auto repair shop I worked at. He never rose to rudeness. People would get in his face screaming, and he would just stay calm and cool as a cucumber. I asked him why he did that, and he said it pissed them off even more, to his great satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

Kris Kristofferson rocks.

Ivy's right... kill 'em with kindness. THey'll feel bad soon enough and then they'll be hit by a giant truck only enough to break a few bones and survive and live the rest of their lives in pain.