Monday, September 04, 2006

Jazz In Nashville


While wandering about my city on Sunday, I was able to hear some wonderful music at the Music City Jazz, Blues, & Heritage Festival. I didn't buy a ticket. The only thing that separated the ticket buyers and the non-ticket buyets was a chain link fence. And so I walked down 1st Avenue among so many of my fellow Nashvillians and enjoyed the sense of community that was so present that day.

Here are a few pictures from my day of civic pride:

The view from the East Bank.

Fellow bloggers? I think I recognized them as they biked by.

Blues and jazz from the other side.


From this side of the fence, it's called free jazz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too went to our(chicago) local jazz fest a few days ago. however ours was free to the very large amount of folks that showed up in grant park. its strange hearing and seeing(sort of) jazz in a very large park with the chicago skyline in the back and many ads for us sell u lar. we were in the lawn and they had a very large tv screen so we could see the artists on stage. between sets they would show commercials for "know menopause" and macy's-which just ate up marshall field's(from behind us-"go back to NY Macys"-very angry....). it was all very surreal but an interesting time none the less.

again, great pics mike.

Anonymous said...

Fellow bloggers? I think I recognized them as they biked by.

Yep! That's me in front and Karsten in back. Hmm, maybe: "You are so Nashville if... you recognize fellow bloggers while you're snapping pictures at the Riverfront Jazz festival."