Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I've Got The Worst Cephalalgia Right Now


I'm showing off. That's the medical term for a headache. I tend to get about two or three headaches a year. (My deepest sympathies to those of you who deal with them on a more routine basis.) I got a couple of them while on Christmas vacation and they just made me a bear to deal with. Loading up on pills seemed to help but the suspense of when the next one would hit remained.

Well, this morning was 2007's debut. And it knocked me on my ass. I crawled to the living room floor and kept the side of my head as hard against the floor as possible. Maybe the pressure would help? I'll try anything. Drugs and time conspired to put it behind me and I called my doctor. This Friday, I'll see him and we'll try to sort things out.

I'm remembering a Simpsons episode where Homer had an MRI or a CT scan and the doctors found an eraser lodged in his brain. They took it out and he suddenly found a wealth of high intelligence that had been blocked for so many years. Maybe that'll happen with me. They'll remove an eraser and I'll become the sharpest tool in the crayon box (or something like that). Good Will Hunting won't have a thing on me.

Realistically speaking, he'll probably just give me a prescription and send me on my way. Works for me. I'm just glad that we've long left the age of trepanning. That really had to smart.

4 comments:

Lynnster said...

Hope you feel better now! I have a surefire headache killer that works about 90% of the time if you don't...

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ugh, I saw that trepanning pic before morning coffee, how could you?!

Hope you're feeling better; I've never had too many headaches, thank god, and never those nasty debilitating sort. I can't imagine. Good luck with the eraser.

Jamie said...

Yuck, man. I just talked to the godkid's nana, and she's going through the same things. She's a massive migraine sufferer and the weather/temp fluctuations have been wreaking havoc on her noggin. I hope you feel better soon.

Kat Coble said...

they still do trepanning if you have a blodclot on the brain...but they do it all nice and surgical. ;-p

I'm sorry for your head, though. I know how killer those headaches can be.