Friday, August 18, 2006

My Life Partner And I Are Doing Just Fine

With the house mess behind us and a teenager visiting for the weekend, my lovely wife and I jumped at the occasion to have said teen watch the two littlest while we went out on a well-deserved date.

We went to a restaurant and ate our meal at the bar. Underneath the captivating glow of televised football, we conversed about nothing stressful for the first time in what seems like forever. We talked football and we talked about friends. We talked about idiots we've met over the years who have pulled the "Do you know how I am?" defense when they don't get what they want. We laughed together about all things inconsequential.

It goes without saying that I am married to the prettiest girl around. And for who she is and how she acts, I am the luckiest guy around to get to share a life with her. In good times, we're good. And in stressful times, we're good. It's nice to say that and it's nice to know that.

File this post under: Sappy, mushy love stuff.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This entry warms my heart, thank you.

Paige said...

I love you Honey!!