Wednesday, August 02, 2006

They're Number One!

Sports Illustrated's Peter King writes deftly about the Titans while they exercise and practice in the inconvenient heat in Clarksville, TN (home to Austin Peay University) here.

He loves Vince Young, Ben Troupe astounds him, and he thinks that "Kevin Mawae, David Givens, David Thornton and Chris Hope -- as well as the re-signing of defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch give (Jeff) Fisher five on-field versions of mini-coaches."

He likes our running back situation and thinks that LenDale White could be the man come November.

But the thing that made me chuckle (and him too) was this:
Factoid

There's a T-shirt in the Austin Peay bookstore with these words on the front: Let's Go Peay.

If I ever find myself in that store, I'm buying that shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want one of those shirts too!

very very excited for the upcoming season, rebuilding or otherwise. Don't care if we get into playoffs or superbowl, I just want to see a glimmer or two of hope in our players.

Especially excited about White and Young. HOOK 'EM! I mean, Go Titans!