Monday, October 29, 2007

Easy Rider, Indeed

I subscribe to BoingBoing so that I may see cool things like this:



It's called the Trampe and it was built into Trondheim, Norway's steepest incline. The bicyclist merely rests his foot on the moving metal plate and up the hill he goes.

In a much improved version of my world, I would use a bicycle as my main means of transportation. With a daily commute between Hermitage and Donelson, not to mention a shift that ends just before midnight, it's unlikely to happen anytime soon. The Vespa (or comparable scooter) dream remains a strong one.

In closing, as Tony Kornheiser always said to end his radio show (and in tribute to the Stones' "Something Happened To Me Yesterday"), "If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white."

4 comments:

ceeelcee said...

And that's why I subscribe to Chez Bez. So you can find cool stuff like this on Boing Boing for me.

Keepin' it lazy.

Sara Sue said...

Those Norwegians are brilliant!

Pen Ultimate said...

Dood, I just have to tempt you, again. If up-to-snuff, should do ~40mph (if not up-to-snuff, very cheap to fix -- I had my Vino derestricted and decarbonized for $125, and that was picked up and delivered!). I have no idea how easy parts are for this guy, though. I've considered buying it myself, as a backup.
.

chez bez said...

Thanks everyone for stopping in.

jeffraham: That does look cool. The temptation will still have to wait though. Even that great price is more than I can reach at the present time.