Friday, October 05, 2007

What We're Doing This Weekend

My Thursday night shift has come to a close and I don't go back to work until Monday afternoon. My beautiful wife is off to the mountains of Georgia for her annual girls' weekend. (Of course, for all I know, she spends these little retreats actually partying it up with college boys in Atlanta. I'm at peace with that, too.) In truth, except for three hours of watching her Georgia Bulldogs as they take on the Tennessee Vols, it'll be a quiet weekend of reading books and catching up on old times for her. This is the one time in the year when she gets to take a respite from the daily duties of educating and parenting, not to mention cleaning up after me. I hope she has a wonderful time.

This leaves me with a fun weekend with the kids. Her mom is coming up to help out and will continue to visit for the duration of Fall Break. Cool. It's nice that there will still be someone here to clean up after me. Hopefully, we can all get out and enjoy the outdoors a bit. We'll be sure to get some time in at the local playground. The library should be graced by our presence as well. We'll make the all too rare drive to Franklin to visit with my mom Friday afternoon. (Hey Mom! We're getting a new employee at the hotel next week. I hear that she's from Hawaii. I'll have to ask her which island and then let you tell me what you remember about it.)

Beyond that, I don't have any plans set in stone for the weekend. There are some good college games on, but I'm not wild about college football. I pull for Vandy, but being a realist I know to always keep my emotions in check no matter how promising their season seems to be. I'll pull for Georgia just because. And I'm not allowed to ever root for Florida if I want this marriage to last. I think I may leave the kids with my mother-in-law Sunday though so that I can watch the Titans play uninterrupted. I can't remember the last time I watched them play when I could focus solely on the game at hand. Either I have to turn it off at halftime to go to work, or various parenting duties play a role in taking me away from the television. This could be the best Sunday yet. (Dad? Watching the game? Care to invite me to join you?)

What else? I guess that's it. Here's a picture of my dog. She's a good girl. Yes, she is.



4 comments:

Andrea said...

VERY cute dog!

holly wynne said...

Well, I was about to make Dre's comment, but yes, I agree.

And I hope you suck the marrow out of whatever you do this weekend. I know I will.

Sara Sue said...

You better simmer down, party animal! Your dog makes me want to talk in that stupid language people talk to babies in, what a cutie!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Aw, love your dog!