Monday, October 08, 2007

The princess trades in her crown for a fishing hat.



Raggle-Taggle Gypsy

There were three young gypsies came to our hall door,
They came brave and boldly O.
And there's one sang high and the other sang low
And the Lady's seen the raggle-taggle gypsy O

It was upstairs and downstairs the Lady went
Put on her suit of leather, O
It was the cry all around her door
She's away with the raggle-taggle gypsy O

It was late last night that the lord came in,
Inquiring for his a-lady O
The serving girls replied to him all
She's away with the raggle-taggle gypsy O.

O then saddle for me me milk-white steed
Me big horse is not speedy O
I will ride and I'll seek my bride,
She's away with the raggle-taggle gypsy O.

O then he rode east, and he rode west
He rode north and south also,
But when he rode to the wide open field,
It was there that he spied his a-lady O.

O then why do you leave your house and your land?
Why do you leave you money, O?
And why do you leave your only only-wedded lord,
All for a raggle-taggle gypsy O?

What do I care for me house and me land?
What do I care for money,O?
And what do I care for me only-wedded lord,
I'm away with the raggle-taggle gypsy O!

Well it was there last night you'd a goosefeather bed,
With blankets drawn so comely, O.
Tonight you'll lie in a wide open field,
In the arms of your raggle-taggle gypsy, O.

What do I care for a goose-feather bed,
With blankets drawn so comely, O?
Tonight I'll lie in a wide open field,
In the arms of me raggle-taggle gypsy, O.

Often you rode east when I rode west
You rode high when I rode low
I'd rather have a kiss of the yellow gypsy's lips
Than all of the cashier's money, O.

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Tell her I said "nice tat."

Kristina and Ingo said...

I love, love, love the photos of your kids! They always put a smile on my face.

Bar L. said...

Great fashion statement! Both your kids are darling and it looks like your family knows how to have a good time.

BeckEye said...

How cute!

If gypsies supposedly ran off with people's kids, what or who do the gypsy children steal?

chez bez said...

BeckEye: My heart, it would seem. ;)