Sunday, October 21, 2007

I can still hear the thud as it hit the locker room floor.

I dropped the iPod tonight. Even its soft canvas holster case wasn't enough to keep its click-wheel from harm. It still plays, I just can't press the bottom of the click-wheel to turn it off. Thankfully, to save the battery, I can fast-forward to the end of a song or podcast and then wait for it to turn off by itself.

This would normally be a traumatic occurrence for me, but I played with it a bit and decided that I can live with a less than perfect iPod. Anyway, I don't want to spend any money to repair or replace my mini. Not while I'm lusting after the new iPod touch. It'll be my next favorite thing. I thought about the iPhone for a bit, but ultimately decided that I'm just not enough of a phone guy to want that. My basic Samsung flip-phone is just fine, I don't work in advertising, I'm not Drew Domkus, and I'd just be worried about running down my battery playing music and watching videos and not be able to make a call later if I really needed to.

My phone is for emergencies, and my iPod is for making me smile. I think that the iPod touch would make me smile a lot. It may take me a year or more to afford the purchase, but I'll love it and I'll cherish it and I promise that I'll never drop it onto the locker room floor.

5 comments:

Hurple said...

If you don't mind changing brands and having the ugliest player possible, there is this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-zune-30gb-digital-multimedia-device-brown-audio-player-video/q/loc/111/203171424.html

Hurple said...

ugh, let's try that again...

here

Leesa said...

Sigh..sorry about the ipod.. I guess at least it works and you can hear your music :)

Sara Sue said...

You say you won't drop it now ... but what about a year from now when the next hot item comes out, huh?? HUH??

The Middle Child said...

OH NO!!!! Don't break the IPOD!!!

I want one of those tiny little ones for my car. It would be perfect. Right now I have my bf's Phillips MP player and to switch from song to song requires too much attention, diverting my eyes and my focus from the road.

If this were my biggest problem I'd have it made, I know...